Back from Germany and starting the engine rebuild.

I built the rotating assembly yesterday (crank and all pistons, camshaft and balance shaft).  I found one problem with the number 5 connecting rod and have sent away for a replacement.  I will have to match the new rod weight to the old one.  I also managed to break the camshaft magnet retainer and had to order a new one, they are made from very flimsy plastic and is a known weakness on the engine.  When the replacement arrives I will be making some improvements.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: