Pretty simple project: add wind deflectors to the side of the windshield. The current windshield allows a huge wind blast to shoot right at my face. This isn’t a problem until it starts to get cold, then it actually gets hard to breath, especially in crosswinds from the drivers side.
I started with some corrugated cardboard and experimented with different shapes to get something that looked nice and promised a great degree of wind protection without compromising visibility. Once I was satisfied with the shape, I cut wings out of some Lexan I had laying around from my original windshield.
The brackets are 1/16″ aluminum sheet bent and bolted behind the windshield stanchions. The wings are held to the brackets using windshield adhesive.
Once installed the wings are very unobtrusive, but effective at very high speeds. They are very effective at reducing the effects of crosswinds in the cockpit.
One interesting side effect noted during the first test was that the airflow around the rear deck now lifted and held it against the roll bar. I will have to add a more positive method of holding it down, rather than the velcro I was using.