Failed inspection today. The inspector was cordial, but firm in his adherence to the letter of the regulations. I failed five points:
- The windshield must be made of safety glass. It also must exist and extend higher than the drivers head, which rules out two alternate approaches of not having one at all, or using Brooklands style screens.
- I need a windshield wiper, which can be mounted on top.
- I need a license plate light
- I need headlamps with the DOT stamp on the lenses.
- I need a functioning horn.
None of these are hard except for the safety glass requirement which is going to require significant modifications to the windshield frame, since I can’t drill safety glass.
He complemented me on the car, but said that he couldn’t pass me otherwise.