Started this BLOG and started glassing the radiator duct

Started this BLOG. Maintaining the static pages over at Google Pages was getting to be a drag.

This evening I did the first glass layup on the radiator duct. I did two layers on the top of the duct and one layer on the sides first. I will do a second layer on the sides and the bottom tomorrow. This isn’t best practice for a structural layup, but this isn’t a structural layup so I should be fine. It looks OK for now, but I am sure there will be LOTS of sanding in my near future.

I checked on the progress of the layup and the cure is going fine, but it looks like some particles of foam fell on the part while I was doing the layup. It caused some big bumps. I may need another layer of glass after I sand.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: