I disassembled the differential rear seal and removed the pinion. There was a stunning amount of debris from the failed magnet and the pin that I had to cut up. Happily I didn’t damage any bearing surfaces when I removed the pinion, and I was able to get it clean enough for reassembly. I put the housing in the chassis to look and it is exactly what I want. I will require widening the fender as I expected but I think the look will be worth the effort. I may just split the fender and widen them vice adding a fillet. I will decide that once I have the rear end completely mounted and can see it with the tires.
Rear axle pinion removal and cleanup